News

Trouble for the Freddie Mercury film

Trouble for the Freddie Mercury film

Photo: WENN/David Wainwright

The screenwriter of the much-anticipated Freddie Mercury biopic fears the project will be shelved after Sacha Baron Cohen’s decision to walk away from the film.

Cohen reportedly fell out with the remaining members of Mercury’s band Queen, who have script and director approval, and now revered writer Peter Morgan has opened up about the doomed movie.

He tells the BBC, “It’s probably not going to happen.”

The film, which was originally scheduled for a 2012 release, has faced a slew of delays, but rocker Brian May assured fans last year that the movie “should be ready” to hit screens in 2014.

A source close to the film has contradicted Morgan’s remarks, insisting the project is “still very much alive”.

Earlier this year, Anglo-Indian actor James Floyd revealed he was keen to reprise his portrayal of rocker Mercury in the movie biopic.

The young star played the tragic singer, who died in 1991, in British TV movie The Best Possible Taste, and he admitted he had been approached to play the young Mercury again in the new film project.

What's On 'KLH?

Hire Me MKE

HireMeMKE_620x400

Looking for a job around the Milwaukee area? Check out some openings>>

Wanna Play DJ?

HEYMOM

You can host your own show Sunday night at 6 on ‘KLH!

Recent Headlines

in National, World

Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border

Israeli soldiers patrol outside the northern Gaza Strip on July 28, 2014.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu dashes any hopes of a swift end to the three-week conflict as Palestinian fighters launched an audacious cross-border raid.

in Music

Glen Matlock denies new Sex Pistols reunion

John Lydon, right, and Glen Matlock of The Sex Pistols perform at the Roxy in West Hollywood, Calif., on Thursday, Oct. 25, 2007.

Sex Pistols star Glen Matlock dashes fans' hopes of another reunion by insisting he hasn't had any contact with John Lydon in five years.

in Music

Aretha Franklin storms out of fast food joint

FILE - In this May 11, 2013 file photo, Aretha Franklin performs during McDonald's Gospelfest 2013 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.Franklin won’t say what has caused her latest health problems, but says she’s had a “miraculous” recovery and is looking forward to performing soon.In a phone interview on Tuesday, Aug. 20, Franklin said that she recently had a cat scan and that it showed she was 85 percent improved. The 71-year-old has canceled several concerts and public appearances and blamed it on unspecified treatment.

Aretha Franklin stormed out a Johnny Rockets in Ontario, Canada last week after a nasty encounter with a rude employee.