News

Keith Richards’ unofficial bomb maker arraigned

Keith Richards’ unofficial bomb maker arraigned

BOMBS FROM A FAN: A Rolling Stones fan says he was building bombs as a gift for Keith Richards. Photo: Associated Press

A man who was hoping to supply Rolling Stones rocker Keith Richards with explosives for his entertainment has been arraigned on 112 counts of illegal possession of explosives, reckless endangerment, and manufacture of bombs.

Joseph Callahan was arrested earlier this month following a police raid on his Connecticut mansion, where officers uncovered an arsenal of weapons and bomb-making equipment.

The 69-year-old told police he was in the process of building an explosive device for Richards, but failed to make it clear why.

In court on Wednesday, his lawyer explained Callahan was making the bomb in the event he met the rocker after learning Richards was a fan of big bangs.

The case was continued to next month.

What's On 'KLH?

Favorite Fish Fry

FavoriteFishFry_int_wp

Tell us your Favorite Fish Fry to win a $300 ticket package! Brought to you by Zounds Hearing Center.

Hire Me MKE

HireMeMKE_620x400

Looking for a job around the Milwaukee area? Check out some openings>>

Wanna Play DJ?

HEYMOM

You can host your own show Sunday night at 6 on ‘KLH!

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

Today in entertainment history: March 27

beatles

A look back on Hollywood headlines of years past.

in Entertainment

‘Downton Abbey’ to end after season six

This photo released by PBS and Carnival Film and Television Limited shows, from left, Lesley Nicol as Mrs. Patmore, and Sophie McShera as Daisy, in a scene from season four of the Masterpiece TV series, "Downton Abbey." As it returns for its much-awaited fourth season, it remains a series about elegance, tradition and gentility, and the pressures of preserving them. The show premieres Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 9 pm ET on PBS.

Producers confirm that the next season of "Downton Abbey" will be the last.

in Sports

Aaron Hernandez trail delayed by bomb threat

Former New England Patriots football player Aaron Hernandez listens during a motion regarding jail phone recordings during his murder trial at the Bristol County Superior Court in Fall River, Mass., on Wednesday, March 25, 2015. Hernandez is accused in the June 2013 killing of Odin Lloyd.

A bomb threat has delayed proceedings of the Aaron Hernandez murder trial.