News

Nick Saban: I’m ‘very committed’ to Alabama

Nick Saban: I’m ‘very committed’ to Alabama

ROLL TIDE: Nick Saban says he's staying at Alabama. Photo: Associated Press

JOHN ZENOR, AP Sports Writer

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Nick Saban says he’s “very committed to the University of Alabama” and referred to past comments saying he wasn’t interested in leaving.

The Crimson Tide coach was asked Wednesday about an Associated Press report regarding his agent’s conversation in January about possibly replacing Mack Brown at Texas.

An email sent by former Texas Regent Tom Hicks says Saban’s agent, Jimmy Sexton, indicated that the Texas job was the only one the coach would consider leaving Tuscaloosa for.

Asked about that account, Saban says “no one’s said anything like that.”

Top-ranked Alabama plays No. 10 LSU on Saturday night. Saban is pursuing his fourth national title in five years.

Hicks detailed the January phone call in a Sept. 24 email obtained Tuesday by AP through an open-records request.

What's On 'KLH?

Make Your Bowl Game Picks!

CollegeBowlGame_Challenge2014_int_wp

Make your college bowl game picks for a chance to win a $250 Dickey’s gift card!

Hire Me MKE

HireMeMKE_620x400

Looking for a job around the Milwaukee area? Check out some openings>>

Wanna Play DJ?

HEYMOM

You can host your own show Sunday night at 6 on ‘KLH!

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

Today in entertainment history: Dec. 19

dolly

A look back at some of Hollywood's most memorable headlines.

in National

Jobless claims signal firmer labor market

Job seekers adjust their paperwork as they wait in line to attend a job fair in New York February 28, 2013.

The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week, suggesting the labor market continued to strengthen.

in National

Accused Boston bomber appears in court

In this courtroom sketch, Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is depicted sitting in federal court in Boston Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, for a final hearing before his trial begins in January. Tsarnaev is charged with the April 2013 attack that killed three people and injured more than 260. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect told a judge that he was satisfied with his lawyers' preparations for the January start of his trial over the deadly 2013 attack.