News

49ers’ Kaepernick cleared in Miami sex assault case

49ers’ Kaepernick cleared in Miami sex assault case

CLEARED OF CHARGES:No charges were filed after the woman awoke in a Miami area hospital with no memory of the night, according to a police report. Photo: Associated Press

MIAMI (Reuters) – Miami police have closed an investigation into a hotel incident involving San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and a woman who told police that she might have been sexually assaulted after drinks with several football players.

“There is no evidence to indicate that she was the victim of any crime,” according to a City of Miami police memo obtained by Reuters.

No charges were filed after the woman awoke in a Miami area hospital with no memory of the night, according to a police report. Kaepernick denied any wrongdoing at the time, as did the two other players named in the police report, Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Ricardo Lockette and 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton.

A physical examination of the woman at a rape treatment center turned out negative, according to the police memo stating that the case was officially closed on Tuesday.

Kaepernick signed a six-year, $126 million contract extension with the 49ers earlier this month.

(Reporting by Zachary Fagenson; Writing by David Adams; Editing by Eric Beech)

What's On 'KLH?

Hire Me MKE

HireMeMKE_620x400

Looking for a job around the Milwaukee area? Check out some openings>>

Wanna Play DJ?

HEYMOM

You can host your own show Sunday night at 6 on ‘KLH!

Recent Headlines

in National

Jobless claims signal firmer labor market

Fresh
Job seekers adjust their paperwork as they wait in line to attend a job fair in New York February 28, 2013.

The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week, suggesting the labor market continued to strengthen.

in National

Accused Boston bomber appears in court

In this courtroom sketch, Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is depicted sitting in federal court in Boston Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, for a final hearing before his trial begins in January. Tsarnaev is charged with the April 2013 attack that killed three people and injured more than 260. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect told a judge that he was satisfied with his lawyers' preparations for the January start of his trial over the deadly 2013 attack.

in Entertainment

Third ‘Night at the Museum’ marks final film for Williams, Rooney

nightatthemuseum

The credits for "Secret of the Tomb," which opens Friday, read "In loving memory of Mickey Rooney," and "For Robin Williams - the magic never ends."